Artane, County Dublin
When deciding on what to call the band, a dart was thrown at a map in 2016. It landed on the Moroccan city of ‘Tanjier’.
Since then Tanjier have brought their electro indie-pop to the likes of Other Voices, Electric Picnic and Forbidden Fruit. With unique audiovisual and light shows, Tanjier have gained a reputation as one of the most exciting Irish live acts.
Tanjier's sound has the same energy found in LCD Soundsystem’s music. Their indie-pop melodies are influenced by artists like LANY or Sigrid, and their ambient guitar tones are reminiscent of The XX or Foals.
Tanjier have received national airplay, including live sessions on RTÉ 2FM and Today FM. 3 of their singles have been playlisted on 2FM. They have also played prominent venues all over Ireland, supporting the likes of Sorcha Richardson, The Strypes and Ryan Sheridan.
Tanjier's songs explore ideas like youth, love and nostalgia. Their upcoming release, ‘Miles’, was written about the difficulties of long distance relationships after Tommy’s partner moved to Abu Dhabi in September for work. It will be available on July 13, 2018.
Tanjier are Mick Killen, Ronan Lynch, and Tommy Buckley, based in Dublin.
- ‘If you’re a sucker for synths or falsettos (...) Tanjier are a must-listen’ - Karen Howley, RTÉ Culture.
- ‘A great Irish band’ - Cormac Battle, RTÉ 2FM.
- 'Their new single ‘Miles’, out this Friday (July 13), might just be the ingredient that lifts them onto the next tier' - Niall Byrne, Nialler9
- ‘Their live set is a psychedelic and electronic wonderland (...) one of the most progressive electronic acts in the country right now' – The Best of Music and Film
• Closed the Other Voices 2017 Festival
• Supported The Strypes and Ryan Sheridan in Cork
• Played multiple live sessions on RTÉ 2FM
• 3 singles have playlisted on 2FM
• Chosen by Whelan’s and State Magazine as ‘One to Watch’ in 2018
ACCLAIM FOR TANJIER'S MUSIC
• Yu - #5 Best Irish Song of 2017, The Best of Music and Film, Song of the Day, Joe.ie
• Hymn – Tracks of the Year, 2017, The Last Mixed Tape
NOTABLE PAST PERFORMANCES:
Forbidden Fruit 2018
Electric Picnic 2017 (Hazelwood Stage)
Electric Picnic 2016 (Cosby Stage)
Other Voices 2017, Dingle
The Button Factory, Dublin
Bandon Music (supp. The Strypes)
Live Session, RTÉ 2FM (Tracy Clifford Show) X5
Whelan’s Main Venue, Dublin
The Ruby Sessions, Dublin
|1 Sep 2018||23:00||Electric Picnic, Stradbally, Co. Laois||Electric Picnic||Buy Tickets|