LISBURN, County Antrim
LORIS are a new female fronted electro pop act from Northern Ireland. They've been supported by the BBC Introducing programme on BBC Radio 1 since their launch in late 2013. To date they have had some great success in their short career:
-- Airplay by Fearne Cotten, Greg James, Scott Mills, Gemma Cairney and Dev on BBC Radio 1.
- Included in the Daily Mirror's 'Class of 2014'
- Played a live radio session for BBC RADIO ULSTER in front of a live studio audience
- All 3 released singles played by Huw Stephens on his BBC Introducing show.
- Playlisted on BBC Radio 1 in Feb 2015 when 'Yeah' was picked as BBC Introducing's 'Track Of The Week'
- Played two shows at The Great Escape festival in Brighton,
- Featured in the Guardian Newspaper,
- Picked as The Irish Times new artist of the week in September 2015,
- Tour support in Belfast and Dublin for Ballet School (GER), Misterwives (U.S), Little May (AUS), Sylvan Esso (U.S), Fatherson (U.K) and PRIDES (U.K)
- Play-listed on the biggest commercial radio station in Northern Ireland - COOL FM
- Airplay on Paul Lester's Amazing Radio show, BBC Radio Ulster, BBC Radio 1, Cool FM, Dublin's 2fm + many others.
PHILLY TAGGART (BBC RADIO 1 DJ)
"LORIS have stirred the buzz in their Native Northern Ireland and in 2015 will be well on their way to throwing that big hype net out to the rest of the world."
Kevin Baird (Two Door Cinema Club)
"Hailing from my home country, Northern Ireland, Loris have been blowing minds and winning hearts across our wee country and deservedly so. Yeah is starting to get nationwide attention with it's Chvrches meets Haim edge and unflinching Eighties pop style. I think the world is ready for Loris."
RIGSY (BBC DJ, Music Journalist)
"As clever as they are poppy, Loris are already one of the glitziest, most glamorous bands Northern Ireland has ever produced. I look forward to watching them soar."