Late Night Pharmacy
Inchicore, County Dublin
Late Night Pharmacy is an alternative rock/post-punk band from Dublin. Dave and Fionn met each other in UCD and formed the band in 2017, releasing the band’s first EP "Demo 2017" the same year, which was heavily influenced by bands such as Joy Division, Interpol, Bauhaus and My Bloody Valentine. Our first live performance was at the 2017 Gothic Species festival in Leitrim, followed by numerous shows in venues including the Workman’s Club, Sin É, The Underground and Fibber Magees.
After playing with several different drummers, in 2018 the band enlisted Jordan Swanson (ex-Midwest Mindset), originally hailing from Calgary, Alberta. In 2018 the band carried out our first recordings with the new lineup, our second EP "Flamingo", for which we aimed to expand our sound by drawing inspiration from bands such as Pixies and Smashing Pumpkins. We produced a music video for the song “June” which premiered on Last Day Deaf. The EP itself premiered on Remy’s site, and was Totally Irish 98’s Pick of the Week.
Dave Sihra - lead vocals, bass
Fionn Murray - guitar, backing vocals
Jordan Swanson - drums
* “From a personal perspective, if you are engaging in any format of rock sub-genre you need to be able to go loud and stick the knife into the music's spine and twist it around a little. Late Night Pharmacy do not disappoint on this front, with the arc of Flamingo curving from the ear-friendly openings of 'June' downwards toward harsher territory on 'Jynx', there's an awareness of the purpose and mood of post-punk music on display which is often poorly neglected. Play it loud.” - Remy
* “We feel more than excited for the video premiere of their 3-minute highly energetic and ultra-catchy tune ‘June‘ (from their soon to be released ‘Flamingo‘ EP), which brings in mind the adorable hooks of the ‘Silent Alarm‘-era Bloc Party, the pure post-punk attitude of first era Interpol and the indie spirit of early 90’s mavericks Pixies and The Smashing Pumpkins. Add to this, the spacious, exuberant, “escape-from-the-city” video directed and edited by LNP’s guitarist Fionn Murray and there you have it: An uplifting, post-punk/indie gem that will ignite your “sonic” appetite and lead you to repeated listens…. Until the next LNP tune!” - Last Day Deaf
* “It’s the perfect single for a night of fun, with energetic guitar riffs that gets you there, while the drums kick you to another level. The formula is right on.” - Come Here Floyd
* “Dublin-based outfit preview their new EP with this riff-tastic post-rock-inspired belter” - Mystic Sons
* “Tonights @TotallyIrish98 Tip of the Week in association with @GoldenPlec is @LNPmusic, a Dublin band with a drummer from my second home Calgary - love a Dublin/#yyc collab! Check out their EP below” - Totally Irish 98