Gráinne Hunt is a contemporary folk singer and songwriter, raised in Monaghan and based in Kildare. With consistently on-point, captivating vocals and well-honed, insightful songs, Grainne has shared stages with Glen Hansard, opened for Gladys Knight, Eagle Eye Cherry and the Bay City Rollers, and has been compared to vocal icons Tracy Chapman and Nathalie Merchant.
Her ‘gorgeous new album’ (Mathieu Norry RTE Radio 1), This Secret, was released in September 2019. ‘[A] seamlessly gentle fusion of Irish folk and Nashville backing, together with Gráinne’s gorgeous, slightly throaty vocal delivery’ (FolkRadio.co.uk), it was recorded with Thomm Jutz (Nanci Griffith, Maura O’Connell) and features the skills of Mark Fain (Ry Cooder) on bass and Lynn Williams (John Hiatt) on drums.
2019 also saw the release of an Irish folk album, Songs from Ireland, recorded with award winning guitarist Brendan Walsh. Recorded last year in Soundville Studios Luzern, it includes songs Buachaill on Eirne and Raglan Road.
- Let Go made RTE Radio 1 recommends playlist two weeks in a row
- 7.5 stars ‘Gráinne Hunt…. Has a seriously bright future…..Excellent stuff.’ Hotpress
- ‘an album of incredible warmth and sentiment, songs borne of experience and honesty yet given just a breath of country freshness ... [a] seamlessly gentle fusion of Irish folk and Nashville backing, together with Gráinne’s gorgeous, slightly throaty vocal delivery’ FolkRadio.co.uk
- Song of the day Joe.ie
- 'gorgeous new album...a very talented musician' Mathieu Norry RTE
- ‘really true…..beautiful vocals’ Ruth Smith RTE
- ‘What a beauty!’ Fiachna Ó Braonáin RTE
- ‘This Secret is a stunner’ Michael Park, The International Americana Music Show
-'The Words of it all'....breathtakingly beautiful' Dan Hegarty, 2FM
- ‘her debut release is hewn out of a subtle special talent’ Tony Clayton Lea, Irish Times
- 'how I feel when I listen to Joni Mitchell or Mic Christopher's Skylarkin'' Remy's Music and Film