Waterford City , County Waterford
Cider Wasps are a four piece alternative rock band from Dungarvan, Co. Waterford, Ireland. The band consists of brothers Danny and Tommy Dunford, Stephen Keating and Colin Drummey. The band formed in early 2013 and have been gigging in various venues across the country since but as of late have started hitting the Irish festival scene with an appearance at Indiependence 2016.
Their music consists of strong harmonising vocals with all 4 members singing, melodic and distorted guitar riffs and a mix of heavy drum beats and basslines. They draw influence from the likes of Kings of Leon and Biffy Clyro when it comes to writing their own music.
The band launched their debut EP entitled ‘HERE’ in the autumn of 2015 which featured their single Lúnasa. Many radio stations and DJ’s picked up on the EP immediately and it began to hit the Irish airwaves on stations such as WLR-FM, Beat 102-103, CRY104FM, and 98FM to name a few.
Cider Wasps are currently in the studio working on their second EP titled ‘ETHEREAL‘. Hummingbird is the first single to be released from the EP which shows a shift in their style of music into a slightly heavier but upbeat genre. There is no set date for ETHEREAL as of yet.
All of their music can be either purchased on spotify and iTunes..
Danny Dunford on lead vocals and rhythm guitar,
Tommy Dunford on drums and backing vocals,
Stephen Keating on lead guitar and
Colin Drummey on bass guitar.
• Supported "Walking on Cars" on two occasions
• Supported "Original Rude Boys"
• Winners of WLR FM's Credit Union Battle of the Bands 2014
• Completed Debut EP " Here" at the end of 2015
• Played Spraoi festival in Waterford 2015
• Signed Management deal with Breakout Music 2016
• Played Indiependence 2016
• Played Balcony TV August 2016
• Releasing latest Single "Hummingbird" Nov/December 2016
• Second EP release due February/March 2017
• Article about us featured on Campus.ie in advance of gig in NUIG (http://campus.ie/surviving-college/music/cider-wasps-set-nuig-gig)